Behavior and Dress Code
For the benefit of our entire Camp community, we ask everyone to live by this code during the summer:
RESPECT FOR YOURSELF
- Take Pride in yourself, your talent and the great work you can do.
- Always do your best.
RESPECT FOR LEARNING
- Be prepared and on time for your activities and rehearsals: arriving late or being unprepared takes learning time away from your classmates and is a disruption to the teacher.
- Take care of the equipment and supplies in the studios: it is all important to your learning experience.
RESPECT FOR PROPERTY AND OTHERS
- Give people the privacy they deserve in their bunks – boys are not to be around or inside the girls’ bunks: girls are not to be around or inside the boys’ bunks.
- Be considerate of others with your actions, words and clothing (this includes speech, tapes, magazines or clothing that contain foul or suggestive language, which is offensive to many people).
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Pay attention to the requests of the staff members the first time you are asked.
RESPECT FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Leave camp only on official camp trips and signed-out emergencies.
- Don’t ride in any staff members’ private cars.
- The following are not allowed:
- Having knives (except fishing knives with fishing equipment and not carried) weapons, or matches.
- Piercing of any body part, giving haircuts or shaving heads
- Physically striking another person
- Teasing or bullying of any kind
- Having cigarettes, alcohol, weapons or illegal drugs*
- Being out of bunks between “lights out” and “reveille,” except to use the restroom and to visit the infirmary with counselor. (boys and girls)*
*Violation of this rule will result in immediate dismissal from camp upon the first offense. Repeated violations of other rules in this behavior and dress code may also result in dismissal from camp.
- Underwear and midriffs should be fully covered.
- When your hands are by your side, shorts & skirts should extend to at least the end of your middle finger.
- Piercing may be in your ears only.
- Footwear should be worn at all times (closed toe).
- No spaghetti straps.